Monday, April 4, 2011

Meet Ami Blackwelder



It's my privilege to introduce writer, teacher, world traveler, Ami Blackwelder.  Ami was kind enough to stop by and answer a few questions.

First of all, welcome Ami. Let me first ask ~ when did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Elementary school. I wrote so many creative stories. It wasn't something that I thought -oh, I want to be a writer. It was more like I always had this inside of me. Like breathing, I didn't have a choice in the matter.


You mentioned that Thailand is like a second home. How often do you make it back there? 

Once a year.

When in Thailand, how is life different for you? 

So fun, polite, accepting, adventurous. I love Thailand for so many reasons. $10 massages, and great Thai food!

You're very prolific. How much time do you spend each day writing? 

I like to get done 3 chapters a week. That is about a book every 3 months.

You also do a lot of promotion and marketing. How do you work a balance? 

Well, I substitute three days a week and do online work two days a week, I write everyday I can and promote on the days I don't sub.
 
A lot of your marketing is on the internet. What do you prefer ~ online or traditional marketing? 

Both. I do many online ads and promos and do many local activities.

For those who want to get to know Ami and her work better, type in her name at Amazon.com (she's got quite a list of books) or check out her website:  http://www.amiblackwelder.blogspot.com/   


No comments:

Post a Comment